5.30am

For the second time, we found Hunter in the garden feasting on a dead rat. Naturally I went ballistic since he got very sick the last time he ate a whole rodent. Kelly grabbed the cat who was not happy at being intercepted. Then I made Kelly pick up the dead rat and toss it out so Hunter doesn't return to finish up. I suspect his hunt-kill-eat activities are what's been making him throw up nearly every night. Let's see what the vet says.

My next question is 'Why are there so many rats?' I'm sure those rodents can sense a rat killer living nearby plus we don't leave edibles lying around. So far, Kelly's been adamant about not setting traps around the house cos he deems it inhumane. Which would make Hunter the perfect solution if only it didn't cause him to get sick. What to do now?
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses