A wildfire raged across Griffin Park yesterday. The fire is more contained now but the firemen are hard at work still. There is a vantage point in my hood where you can see the Griffin observatory and Hollywood sign. I came home last night to a group of spectators from nearby houses and some who had driven here. All joined in to partake of the huge bonfire and ceaseless smoke columns including me. Too bad all I had was the lousy resolution of my cellphone camera.


Source: New York Times

Hard to believe, I was here in March and this is how it looks like pre-wildfire.


I had wanted to hike in the Mt Hollywood trail but it's too late now. But isn't this what slash-and-burn agriculture is about? Now all we need are the rains and we can look forward to a green spring next year!
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses