With our first Olympic haul in 48 years (silver!) and now the first ever F1 night race. Reading all my friends' blogs about their experiences at the races, I wish I was back home to soak in the celebratory mood this year. (How on earth did so many of you get F1 tickets??!)

Last year not long after Singapore was given approval to host the race (night race was not in the works then), my then-boss had asked me to come up with marketing strategies to lure hungry race goers to our restaurant. I still remember how excited I was by the prospect of an actual F1 race on our streets and dreamt of hobnobbing with Kimi and Lewis. Alas, life never goes the way we expect. Hopefully one day I will have my chance. Worse come to worst, Malaysia is toying with the idea of a permanent night race too.

Labels: | edit post
0 Responses