I never realise how lucky I am that Kelly loves Asian food. In fact, every weekend he craves either ramen or dumplings. Which is all very well for me because there is only so much burger, pizza or Mexican food that I can stomach.


Source

Today we bought mochi for my parents-in-law. Kelly's dad has a sweet tooth like me so I reckon it was something he would like even if he had never tried it before. Even Kelly who has a selective tolerance for sweet stuff likes mochi.


Source

Their reaction. A fine balance of trying not to spit it out, wanting very much to spit it out and politely smiling to be appreciative. It's like how we 'treat' foreign visitors to durians even though we know they are very put off by the smell. Only this was mochi. Pretty to look at and quite tame no? Well, we ordered 100 pieces of mochi to serve our wedding guests, primarily American. Erm, I hope someone likes them. A lot.
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses