Recognize these cartoon characters from our childhood?



Care Bears have NO TUMMIES anymore! GASP! And the Care Bear Stare is now called a Belly Badge. *rolls eyes*



I can't believe the new doll is Strawberry Shortcake. She looks like Ariel from Little Mermaid to me. I think the changes are good except for the hair. Why can't she retain her red short hair? Change it into a stylish bob if you have to. And the freckles are so subtle now.



Even Strawberry Shortcake's friends got a makeover. I don't know why long hair is associated with stylishness.

Superman wants his leotard back.

I don't know why Polly Pocket's house looks like a rocket on acid.



(Top Left) The original barbie in 1959.
(Top Right) Barbie in 1990 which is so much prettier than
(Bottom) 2009 Barbie. Looks kinda scary and 1980s to me.


This is also 2009 Barbie which doesn't look like any Chinese I know.



Recognise them? They are descendents of Daffy Duck, Bugs Bunny, Tasmanian Devil etc.



I think Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in 1987 is so much cuter. The new ones ingest too much steroids.




Even the logos got revamped over the years.

It's not nostalgia and I'm not against changes but the makeovers aren't cute. What do you think?
Labels: | edit post
1 Response
  1. Adeline Woo Says:

    I totally agree... "Care Bears Stare" was my favourite .. now no tummy not so cute anymore..