Contrary to my belief, bears don't hibernate. Instead they go into a state of torpor where the physiological activity slows down characterized by decreasing body temperature and metabolism. I have become a polar bear.

The shorter autumn hours makes the day dull faster. Even the sun doesn't seem as bright. Contributing to the haziness of it is the cosy feeling of K and Hunter being home a lot. It feels like a dream where motion is suspended and each moment stretches into eternity.

And makes me constantly lethargic. Even after recovering from one week of stuffed nose and head that feels like an inflatable castle that kids like to jump in.

This week I have started to spring clean the house. Clearing out clutter to make space for new clutter. Soon I won't have any more excuse to be in a torpor. So excuse me as I slowly make contact with the world.
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses