While grocery shopping on Sunday, I came across this little stand at the supermarket. Curious as to why there was Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley and balloons?


These were cakes for Oscar viewing parties! The Elvis cutout threw me off. I thought he was just a rock n roll singer but apparently Elvis starred in a lot of movies.


I wonder if other cities/states sold such cakes too or was it unique to LA? The supermarket should have sold popcorn and champagne to capitalise on the whole Oscar theme.

Oscar's viewership was the highest in 5 years. While many more people tuned in, I wonder how many bought these cakes. The thing about these supermarket cakes is they are all sugar. You don't even bounce off walls. One bite and you just convulse on the floor in sweet delirium. Bleah.
Labels: | edit post