Wheeee! It is our first Valentine's today and I was real excited.

Thurs 14.02

Kelly flies home today and I want to surprise him with his favourite cookies.


erm. my first attempt at baking didn't turn out well at all.


It's 12.21am and I'm starting with the 2nd batch. Who the hell bakes cookies at midnight??




:( Cookies were as black as the sofa. Last try, 1.26am already!
waaaaa... third batch was burnt too! No more cookie surprise. For once, it is a good thing that Kelly's flight is late so he doesn't have to see all my black cookies.
But I have surprise #2! Set up before baking.




Tealights in formation. Can you read the message?


Final result


SURPRISE!


Kelly bought me a card and chocolates.
Most websites say these are clique but I LOVE chocolates and personalised cards. It's something to mark this occasion after the chocolates, candles and balloons are gone.

Fri 15.02

The next morning while I was still sleeping, Kelly brought home a yellow bouquet. My favourite colour!


Then in the afternoon, I whisked Kelly away for his spa appointment.


waiting for k to fill out the form


more waiting as K goes for his massage.



Sat 16.02

On Saturday, K whisked me off to dinner at Patina. One of those restaurants where you definitely need to dress up. Since I didn't know where we were going beforehand, I didn't get a new dress. I didn't bring one from Singapore either. In the end, I wore an old thing.. bleah.

Source

The food was delicious but service abominable! Our waiter was busy buzzing around and almost totally abandoned us. To me, a good restaurant has warm bread but theirs was cold. K wanted water refills but they aren't prompt with that. We aren't picky people but if we are going to spend USD260!! in a restaurant, there are basic expectations.


******

An idea for the next Valentine's?


0 Responses