My hands have been trembling for a few months now and a chance remark by my friend made me suspect hyperthyroid. After a blood test at the clinic, my suspicions were confirmed.

Hyperthyroid is easily treatable, though in certain rare situations you have to take medication for the rest of your life. What I'm more worried about is the substantial weight gain during treatment. My mind immediately jumps to my wedding in Oct and images of me bursting my wedding gown. Yes, depression is a symptom too.

Anyway, I'm sharing because it's easy to dismiss the symptoms of hyperthyroid as a one-off situation due to stress or caffeine overload. In fact, I have had some behavioural changes in the past few months and didn't think much of it until I got my diagnosis. If you have a few of these symptoms for a prolonged period, go get checked out alright?

1. Trembling hands
2. Increased Heart Rate/Heart Palpitations
3. Anxiety
4. Depression
5. Heat Intolerance
6. Breathlessness
7. Increased bowel movements
8. Light or absent menstrual periods
9. Fatigue
10. Weight Loss
11. Muscle Weakness
12. Warm Moist Skin
13. Hair Loss
14. Staring Gaze
15. Insomnia
16. Bad Temper
Labels: | edit post
1 Response
  1. Adeline Woo Says:

    Oh no!! So did the doctor say you have to take medication for long periods? Or is it a mild one only??